[Internal-cg] Comments on ICG proposal draft v5

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Sun Oct 25 22:39:41 UTC 2015

> On 25 Oct 2015, at 09:41, Alissa Cooper <alissa at cooperw.in> wrote:
>
> Hi Alan,
>
> One question below:
>
>> On Oct 23, 2015, at 8:23 AM, Alissa Cooper <alissa at cooperw.in> wrote:
>>>

>>> 069: Proposed edit for third sentence: Change “However” to “On the whole”.
>
> Para 69 does not contain the word “However” (even in earlier versions we were working off of earlier last week). Could you clarify which specific sentence you wanted to edit?

Hi Alissa,

I have often noticed a difference in paragraph numbers as seen by me (in MacOS “Pages”, or in LibreOffice) and paragraph numbers displayed during meetings.  Try looking +/- 5 paragraphs before or after 069.

It’s the paragraph about jurisdiction.  At the time I made my suggestions, the paragraph in version 5 of the proposal began with the sentence "One issue related to accountability that was raised during the public comment period concerned the legal jurisdiction of ICANN.”

My suggestions have been addressed in edits made between version 5 and version 6, so (as I stated during the face to face meeting on Friday) I withdraw my suggested edits to this paragraph.

Alan Barrett