[Internal-cg] ICG Call 18 Decisions taken list, Action items list

Daniel Karrenberg daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net
Thu Jun 11 12:00:44 UTC 2015

On 11.06.15 13:31 , Kavouss Arasteh wrote:

> By the  way I was terribly and incorrectly treated yesterday by the chair.
> I do no longer allow any one no natter at what position he or she is interrupt my intervention in an aggressive and offensive manner.
> I no longer tolerate such misbehaviour

Kavouss,

it appears to me that your reaction here is disproportionate. What
happened in my perception is the following:

Paul made a suggestion that caused quite some reactions.  In order to
finish the current agenda point in time, the chair asked everyone to
defer discussion of that particular suggestion until the current
discussion was completed. There was support for this from the group.
Subsequently you made an intervention about Paul's suggestion and the
chair tried to remind you that discussion of that suggestion was not
currently open. This is fully within the chair's prerogative. It is also
something that the group expects the chair to do in order to achieve a
timely and orderly conduct of business.

Personally I certainly did not perceive any aggression or offensiveness
from the chair in her attempt to call you to order. I felt at the time
that she allowed you to go on for too long initially as you were clearly
out of order.

There was no misbehaviour. I fully support both the action of the chair
as well as the manner in which it was conducted.

I am sure this is all due to misunderstanding, probably caused by a bad
audio connection.

I regret that I have to disagree with you and go on record with this
message. But your action of going on record on this list in the way you
did leave me no alternative.

Be assured that there are no personal feelings behind this message other
than great respect for you.

Daniel