[Internal-cg] Resending: Structure of the final ICG proposal

Alissa Cooper alissa at cooperw.in
Tue Jul 14 14:40:02 UTC 2015

Hi Paul,

Personally I feel quite strongly that we cannot modify the structure of the OC proposals as we received them. Otherwise, I think we would end up going back and forth with the OCs to check if the way we had chopped up their text and re-organized it still reflected their community consensus. Since all three of the proposals have the same structure (according to the RFP), I think this re-organization would be unnecessary. If there are common elements across the proposals that we want to draw people’s attention to, I think we can do that in the ICG’s own sections (as is already the case in the current version of the combined proposal).

Otherwise, the structure you propose below is very similar to the one that already exists in the combined proposal document (attached), except that the sections concerning the assessment and next steps are at the beginning (as part of the ICG Report) rather than at the end. I don’t have a strong feeling about where those sections go, but I will note that the proposals themselves comprise nearly 200 pages, so items that we really want to draw the public’s attention to (like the assessment) might be better served at the front of the document than at the back.

Alissa