[Internal-cg] Call #25, Jan 13 - Proposed agenda

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Sat Jan 9 19:31:33 UTC 2016

On 9 Jan 2016, at 18:33, Kavouss Arasteh wrote:

> Considering the need to send a clear message to ICG regarding the Transition process, including the  need and role of the operating communities in rejecting the IANA Budget.

Can you please expand on this. Who is to send a message to whom regarding IANA Budget, and why would that message go to ICG, and even if it is, why would this message passing be something to be discussed in ICG?

Let me, as chair of SSAC, say that messages regarding IANA Budget is already passed to CCWG, for example in the form of SAC-076 where SSAC as one of the chartering organizations said the following:

> The SSAC advises that any process that empowers the Community to reject a part or the whole of the IANA Budget must be implemented in such a way as to ensure the stable and continuous delivery of the IANA Functions.

And I really hope CCWG take words like that from the chartering organizations seriously. If not, we have a completely different kind of problem with the process.

   Patrik