[Internal-cg] Fwd: [CCWG-ACCT] Update on Timeline for Chartering Org Approval of WS1 Recommendations
joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com
Thu Feb 4 14:36:57 UTC 2016
Thanks for the clarification and your continued reporting to us on the
developments as they occur.
On 2/4/2016 9:18 AM, Kavouss Arasteh wrote:
> Dear Joe,
> Thank you very much for comments
> Nevertheless, there are issues that we, the ICG Liaison may bring to
> your attention resulted from Supplement Report .As you know CCWG has
> scheduled a f2f meeting on 04 March in Marrakesh. It would be good to
> reflect on the supplement and we, the Liaisons report back the ICG
> By the way the extraordinary/ devoted call for REC 11( and its impact
> on Recs 1 and 2)was held today at 12,00 UTC, This meeting favorably
> considered the compromise package that I had submitted( jointly
> prepared by me and Beckie Burr) .That compromise is being posted on
> CCWG wikie / mailing list and Chartering Organizations are requested
> to provide their final comment for another call scheduled on Monday 08
> 2016-02-04 14:25 GMT+01:00 Joseph Alhadeff <joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com
> <mailto:joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com>>:
> I'm fine with scheduling a call when you guys feel we are best
> positioned to have the answer of CWG. That being said, I'm not
> sure what if any deliberation is needed if CWG says that their
> dependencies are satisfied.
> On 2/4/2016 2:12 AM, Narelle Clark wrote:
>> The ICG certainly does not want to be the source of any delay.
>> I thought we were going to schedule a call for both before and
>> after ICANN55?
>> Then cancel or keep as applies.
>> *From:*Internal-cg [mailto:internal-cg-bounces at ianacg.org] *On
>> Behalf Of *Alissa Cooper
>> *Sent:* Thursday, 4 February 2016 7:48 AM
>> *To:* IANA etc etcCoordination Group
>> *Subject:* [Internal-cg] Fwd: [CCWG-ACCT] Update on Timeline for
>> Chartering Org Approval of WS1 Recommendations
>> Please take a look at the message below from the CCWG list as
>> well as the formal statement from the co-chairs here:
>> The CCWG is aiming to have its proposal ready for the chartering
>> organizations to approve it before or during ICANN 55. In light
>> of this, Mohamed, Patrik and I believe the ICG needs to do the
>> (1) Plan to ask the CWG for confirmation that their requirements
>> are met as soon as the CCWG proposal goes to the chartering orgs,
>> and give the CWG a heads-up that we intend to do that so they can
>> respond promptly.
>> (2) Schedule an ICG call for March 1. Hopefully we will have
>> heard back from the CWG by then and we can discuss approval of
>> our final proposal then, but it will be before anyone is in
>> transit to Marrakesh. We do not have to wait for the chartering
>> orgs to finish our business. If the timeline slips, we can cancel
>> this call when it gets closer to the date. (Alternatively we
>> could confirm approval of our final proposal strictly via email,
>> but I am assuming folks would prefer to do so on a call.)
>> I would also like to ask the group to reconsider the idea of
>> scheduling a conference call at the end of the ICANN week, if we
>> can find a time with interpreter availability. If the CCWG
>> timeline does slip a bit such that we have not yet gotten a
>> response from the CWG by March 1, I do not want the ICG to be in
>> a position of causing any additional delay. If we schedule a call
>> at the end of the ICANN week to discuss approval of our final
>> proposal, we have less risk of doing that. Otherwise it may get
>> bumped to the week following ICANN 55, even if the CCWG proposal
>> gets forwarded to the ICANN Board during the meeting. I firmly
>> believe that every single day matters at this point.
>> Your thoughts on all of the above are much appreciated.
>> Begin forwarded message:
>> *From: *Mathieu Weill <mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
>> <mailto:mathieu.weill at afnic.fr>>
>> *Subject: [CCWG-ACCT] TR: Update on Timeline for Chartering Org
>> Approval of WS1 Recommendations*
>> *Date: *February 2, 2016 at 11:53:16 PM PST
>> *To: *"CCWG Accountability"
>> <accountability-cross-community at icann.org
>> <mailto:accountability-cross-community at icann.org>>
>> Dear Colleagues,
>> Please find below for your information the note sent today to the
>> Chartering Organization chairs, in line with our discussions
>> during our meeting #82.
>> This will be added to our correspondence section of the wiki.
>> *De :*Mathieu Weill [mailto:weill at afnic.fr]
>> *Envoyé :*mercredi 3 février 2016 08:52
>> *À :*'James Bladel'; 'Byron Holland'; 'Louis Lee'; 'Alan
>> Greenberg'; 'Thomas Schneider'; 'Lars-Johan Liman'; 'Tripti
>> Sinha'; 'Patrik Fältström'; 'Alissa Cooper'; 'Mohamed El Bashir';
>> 'Jonathan Robinson'; 'Lise Fuhr'
>> *Cc :*'David Olive'; 'Steve Crocker'; 'Bruce Tonkin'; 'Theresa
>> Swinehart'; 'Thomas Rickert'; 'León Felipe Sánchez Ambía';
>> *Objet :*Update on Timeline for Chartering Org Approval of WS1
>> Dear all,
>> Yesterday, the co-Chairs issued aformal statement
>> the community on the status of the Work Stream 1 Recommendations
>> and providing insight into the steps the CCWG-Accountability will
>> be taking in developing the supplemental draft.
>> Our hope is that the majority of changes from the Third Draft
>> Report will relate to specificities of implementation rather than
>> content, and as such, an additional public comment period will
>> not be necessary before approval by the Chartering Organizations.
>> In light of progress made and in assessing the outstanding
>> issues, we have announced a target to distribute the supplemental
>> report to our Chartering Organizations in time for consideration
>> and approval on all Work Stream 1 Recommendations during ICANN55
>> in Marrakech.
>> The various SOs and ACs approach their work and schedules
>> differently and we are respectfully asking that you take this
>> into account as you plan your discussions before and during ICANN55.
>> With that said, we encourage any Chartering Organizations that
>> can deliberate and/or approve the Work Stream 1 Recommendations
>> prior to Marrakech to please do so.
>> We are grateful for your input on the Third Draft Report and for
>> your continued engagement in the development of the revised Work
>> Stream 1 Recommendations. We hope to continue this open dialogue
>> as the supplemental report is finalized, and we are also hoping
>> that all potential issues have been raised to the
>> CCWG-Accountability so they can be mitigated in our revisions.
>> Our objective is to provide the Chartering Organizations a simple
>> and straightforward approval process.
>> Following approval from the Chartering Organizations, we have
>> asked the ICANN Board to be mindful of the timeline as they plan
>> their review period of the Work Stream 1 Recommendations and
>> submission to NTIA.
>> We have seen increased involvement from the ICANN Board as our
>> work progressed since the Third Draft Report. By enabling us to
>> understand Board comments in real-time, the following potential
>> global public interest concerns stemming from the Board’s
>> comments in December, have been discussed:
>> * Inspection rights have been fully addressed.
>> * Budget process concerns have been fully addressed.
>> * Work Stream 2 concerns have been fully addressed.
>> * Human rights concerns have been discussed and the group has
>> adjusted its recommendation, however Board concerns still exist.
>> * Concerns on ICANN’s Mission are still being discussed.
>> As always, please not hesitate to reach out to us should you have
>> any questions or concerns.
>> Best regards,
>> Mathieu, Thomas, León
>> Accountability-Cross-Community mailing list
>> Accountability-Cross-Community at icann.org
>> <mailto:Accountability-Cross-Community at icann.org>
>> Internal-cg mailing list
>> Internal-cg at mm.ianacg.org <mailto:Internal-cg at mm.ianacg.org>
> Internal-cg mailing list
> Internal-cg at mm.ianacg.org <mailto:Internal-cg at mm.ianacg.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Internal-cg