[Internal-cg] FW: Please find attached revised summary proposal

Martin Boyle Martin.Boyle at nominet.org.uk
Mon Sep 28 13:41:35 UTC 2015

I would just note that the CSC is not supposed to be a voting body, but might if it escalated to the ccNSO and GNSO for possible further escalation.  That step suggests to me that it will need to work through consensus, but then its role should be focussed on the technical performance, so the decision will be about whether the IANA functions operator will be able to put [whatever mess] right.

That's not to belittle the chance of voting, but it would be inappropriate to prevent a ccTLD being represented because it was government owned or controlled.  I think the answer to the "concern" would be that even two government-controlled ccTLDs would not have an absolute majority in and decision by vote.

I cannot remember the discussion Joe alludes to:  I think I might have questioned this, if someone had:  the thing about the CSC is that it should seek to resolve performance issues with the PTI (or a subsequent IANA functions operator) "to the PTI Board and further if necessary."  In itself it can only refer performance issues that are not being resolved to the ccNSO & GNSO "for consideration."  It would be for the ccNSO and GNSO to decide whether the issue were serious enough to refer to a special IFR.

So I'm fine with Milton's re-wording.

Martin