[Internal-cg] Q&As also for engagement session

Daniel Karrenberg daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net
Sun Oct 18 18:59:56 UTC 2015

On 18.10.15 17:01 , Subrenat, Jean-Jacques wrote:

> Are we really prepared -and more importantly, does our mandate allow/require us- to CHANGE the Transition Plan AFTER we have sent it to the NTIA?

Jean-Jaques,

There is a scenario where NTIA might suggest changes to us and via us to
the OCs. If the OCs react to that and make changes to their input to us
I consider it to be within our current mandate and charter to apply the
same process we have used thus far to produce a revised proposal. In my
mind this is very much more clearly in our mandate than playing a role
in implementation. In fact I see little alternatives to using the ICG
process to make any such revisions should they be required.

I consider this an unlikely, yet possible scenario. I hope very much
that this scenario will not occur.

Hence I have not adapted the language. If this remains an issue I would
welcome alternative words.

Daniel