[Internal-cg] Timing of ICG/CCWG proposals

WUKnoben wolf-ulrich.knoben at t-online.de
Fri Oct 16 06:43:53 UTC 2015

I'm not that sure that "nothing within the CCWG process will have a substantial impact on the ICG proposal". Under 1106 the proposal says:
"The CWG-Stewardship proposal is significantly dependent and expressly conditioned on the implementation of ICANN-level accountability mechanisms by the Cross Community Working Group on Enhancing ICANN Accountability (CCWG-Accountability) as described below. The co-chairs of the CWG-Stewardship and the CCWG-Accountability have coordinated their efforts and the CWG-Stewardship is confident that the CCWG-Accountability recommendations, if implemented as envisaged, will meet the requirements that the CWG-Stewardship has previously communicated to the CCWG. If any element of these ICANN level accountability mechanisms is not implemented as contemplated by the CWG-Stewardship proposal, this CWG-Stewardship proposal will require revision.”

In other words the combined proposal itself may need to be revised which may be an ICG task.

I therefore wonder whether it is expedient sending the proposal before a certain level of assurance is reached that the CCWG can find agreement. The meeting in Dublin will be a touchstone.

Best regards

Wolf-Ulrich