[Internal-cg] Timing of ICG/CCWG proposals

Paul Wilson pwilson at apnic.net
Fri Oct 16 04:55:04 UTC 2015

Hi all,

My understanding is that we have a timing problem with the CCWG process
if another full public comment cycle is needed before completion of the
accountability proposal, and if we wait for that before we submit to
ICANN/NTIA.  If that’s the case, do we have a solution for this?

I hope that the ICG proposal can be finalised and submitted in any case,
before the CCWG completes.  If so, then when the CCWG does complete, it
is only necessary for the 3 communities (primarily CWG) to confirm that
the final accountability solution is acceptable to them, and for that to
be conveyed formally to all concerned.

As far as I’m aware, nothing within the CCWG process will have a
substantial impact on the ICG proposal;  the only issue is that the CCWG
proposal must be acceptable, before the ICG proposal can be finally
accepted and approved by NTIA.  Therefore we can parallelise these
processes to avoid breaking our overall timelines.

Does this work, or have I missed something?

Paul.