[Internal-cg] ICANN Board Concerns about CCWG Proposed Model -- My Assessment

Mueller, Milton L milton.mueller at pubpolicy.gatech.edu
Fri Oct 9 22:05:30 UTC 2015

Off list.

Frankly, Daniel, I discount your opinion on the ICANN accountability process entirely. Neither of you have to live with the consequences of an unaccountable ICANN. It doesn't affect the policies the RIRs live under and you have full contractual accountability for the IANA functions (i.e. you can opt out if you please). I would encourage you to refrain from offering opinions that are designed to truncate the reform process so that you can withdraw to your own little world safely. There is nothing realistic or pragmatic about what you are saying here, if indeed you actually understand the consequences of what you are saying (which I doubt) you are indeed cynical and even dishonest.

--MM