[Internal-cg] Action M6:23

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Tue Oct 6 06:47:56 UTC 2015

I am working down the list of action points for the chairs...

M6: 23  Chairs to draft text acknowledging receipt of the comments related to freedom and free speech in the summary document.

ICG do recognize comments related to free speech and freedom of expression. The main concern in the comments is about inviting entities not being known for supporting such essential rights to the decision making process. While it is true US Government by not extending the IANA Contract looses some power it has had, it is not the case that power is given to a single other country or entity. Instead, the idea with the transition is to transfer the power to the multi stakeholder community and find a solution that is robust enough to withstand any kind of capture. I.e. that no single entity ends up having such power that it can misuse it.