[Internal-cg] Regarding a staged transition approach

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Thu Jun 18 10:56:18 UTC 2015

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015, Paul Wilson wrote:
> Here is a set of brief discussion points in support of a staged
> approach to the IANA stewardship transition, as a contribution
> to today’s IGC meeting.

Thank you, Paul.  I support a phased approach to implementation.

I have heard objections that the ICG should not produce
an incomplete proposal, but I point out that the phased
implementation proposal would be complete.  The combined proposal
would be finalised after all three operating communities had
finalised their parts of the proposal, and it would include a
transition for all three operating communities.

--apb (Alan Barrett)