[Internal-cg] Preface for the combined proposal

Lynn St.Amour Lynn at LStAmour.org
Fri Jun 5 13:36:43 UTC 2015

On Jun 4, 2015, at 9:56 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> [...]

agree…

> One thing I have learned from the process is that many people still don't quite understand that IANA is a collection of registries, and they may not understand how related or unrelated the names, numbers and protocol registries are. This should be explained.

strongly agree (having spent much of the last two weeks in Geneva (IGF-MAG and WSIS meetings) where one would expect the knowledge of IANA to be much higher), very surprising the misconceptions that still abound.

Alissa, I would be happy to be part of the editing team as well.

Lynn