[Internal-cg] Stitching things together

Lynn St.Amour Lynn at LStAmour.org
Thu Jun 4 15:16:44 UTC 2015

On Jun 4, 2015, at 8:03 AM, Manal Ismail <manal at tra.gov.eg> wrote:

> I also agree that it's not a matter of finding ourselves a role ..
> My understating is that the ICG role is to facilitate and coordinate among the operational communities on one hand and assemble and deliver the final proposal on the other ..
> I don't mind drafting our own, summary, introduction, preamble, letter, whatever we agree to call it, and leave the 3 separate proposals as is .. But I don't see a point then in calling each of them 'combined proposal' .. to me they are more of annexes or attachments to whatever is going to be our final delivery ..
> Do I understand right or am I missing something?
>
> Kind Regards
> --Manal

Hi Manal,

I understand your question but to borrow from Joe Alhadeff's email, we are working to assure "a workable compatability across all the proposals and assuring that they properly completed all elements of our RFP in a manner that was sufficient to address our best understanding of what was being requested in the NTIA conditions", and I would add that we are all working to ensure the continued stability, security, of these identifiers, etc. etc.   For me, all this is what makes it a "combined proposal".   The challenge will be in getting all this reflected in the "introduction/summary", etc.

FWIW,  I actually thought about combining them differently as well (for the submission to NTIA) but I believe it is very important that we stay true in our submission to the way the functions are managed today.    Keeping the work of the various communities intact and reinforcing this will be the most helpful to the IANA functions in the long-term.

Best,
Lynn