[Internal-cg] Draft webinar deck and outline

Alissa Cooper alissa at cooperw.in
Wed Jul 29 16:51:47 UTC 2015

Hi Elise, all,

This text came from the slides that the CWG co-chairs used in Buenos Aires.

Would it make sense to say the following instead?

"Established to ensure continued satisfactory performance of the IANA naming functions."

Or, we could take words directly from paragraph 106 of the CWG proposal:

“Established to monitor the performance of the IANA naming functions and escalate non-remediated issues."

Thoughts?

Alissa

On Jul 28, 2015, at 8:06 AM, Elise Gerich <elise.gerich at icann.org> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Thanks for the confirmation that the CWG proposal does not replace the NTIA’s operational authorization role.
>
> Perhaps the slide deck could be revised to remove the text that indicates that the CSC was “established to perform the operational responsibilities previously performed by the U.S. Government.” That would avoid any possible misinterpretation that the CSC would have an active role in operations.
>
> -- Elise
>

> From: Martin Boyle <Martin.Boyle at nominet.org.uk>
> Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 3:47 AM
> Cc: IANA etc etc Coordination Group <internal-cg at ianacg.org>
> Subject: RE: [Internal-cg] Draft webinar deck and outline
>
>> Hi Elise,
>>
>> No!  This would be a change from the CWG’s proposal.  The CWG’s approach was to avoid replacing the NTIA’s administrative and clerical role by something that might become a gatekeeper.
>>
>> There is an authorisation role for more changes affecting root-zone management architecture and operation (such as, in the past, the introduction of DNSSEC), but that was more about a process for such changes – documented in the section at paragraph 154 et seq.
>>
>> Hope this helps, Elise,
>>
>> Martin

>>> 2. Few of the acronyms in the diagram be explained for the uninformed.