[Internal-cg] Thoughts on proposal assessments

Daniel Karrenberg daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net
Wed Jul 8 15:09:23 UTC 2015

CCWG and ICG are different bodies with different charters, deliverables
and processes. CWG have chosen to put dependencies on CCWG into their
response to us.  We can evaluate and produce our deliverable with what
we have received from CWG, IETF and CRISP without being dependent on the
CCWG output. We can also receive public comments on our deliverable
independently.

Of course both CCWG and us have to explain this to the public when
asking for public comments.

NB: It is not within our remit to decide whether CCWG output satisfies
the CWG's dependencies. That is up to the CWG. Our job is to produce a
sound and consistent deliverable with a public record about its
development. In fact I advise strongly against formally taking note of
CCWG's output while we do our work. That part is not our job and we
should not waste time analysing it and we should not exceed our remit by
addressing it.

Daniel