[Internal-cg] Questions from webinars

Mohamed El Bashir mbashir at mbash.net
Thu Aug 20 23:31:44 UTC 2015

Thanks Lynn for the draft answer, Alan formulation is good.

My concern is the last part of the answer :" including choosing/changing the IANA functions operator for their part of the IANA functions", I am not disputing the OC right to make such decisions based on the results of its evaluation of IFO performance for their related functions,  But I am a bit concerned regarding the possibility of one OC changing/splitting the IANA functions unilaterally in the absence of a proper coordination mechanism, such a change might impact the stability and security of the Internet ( not fulfilling one of NTIA requirements ).

As our mandate is to produce a harmonized combined final proposal, shouldn't we consider the unity of IANA function is an objective and propose mechanism/rules that ensure proper implementation of IFO change if it happened.

Kind Regards,
Mohamed

( sent from a tablet device apologies for any misspellings)