[Internal-cg] Response to Richard Hill

Alissa Cooper alissa at cooperw.in
Tue Aug 11 21:41:46 UTC 2015

All,

Here is a proposed response to this comment. What do you think?

Alissa

----

Dear Richard,

Thank you for submitting your comments to the ICG. We note your view on the process for consensus in CWG Stewardship for the document produced.
The ICG also notes that the CWG Stewardship has taken notice of your view as explained in email from Lise Fuhr that can be found here: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/cwg-stewardship/2015-August/004054.html>.

The ICG evaluation of how the CWG Stewardship process meets the NTIA requirements is in the ICG document that is out for open consultation as explained here: <https://www.ianacg.org/calls-for-input/combined-proposal-public-comment-period/>.

Regrading the specific question on what is the basis for ICG to evaluate comments addressed to the operational communities, please have a look at section 2a in the ICG comments handling process <https://www.ianacg.org/icg-files/documents/Community-Comments-Handling-1May15-final.pdf>, which says "ICG in its discretion will raise the issues or question to the relevant OC with a request that they provide a timely and appropriate reply." This was exactly what ICG did.

In general the ICG had the ability at any time to make a statement as long as we fulfil our mandate and charter. Furthermore, the original comments posted in the ICG Forum were not addressed to the CWG Stewardship but instead addressed to the ICG, and because of that the ICG did take action.

Kind Regards,

Alissa Cooper on behalf of the ICG