[Internal-cg] Naming Proposal and IPR

Martin Boyle Martin.Boyle at nominet.org.uk
Fri Apr 24 20:37:11 UTC 2015

Good catch, Alissa,

I hadn't picked up the reference to the website in Annex M - the transition from the post transition IANA - the existing IANA functions operator - to a new operator, should it become necessary at some stage.  A separate Design Team was looking at IPR issues and the status of that work was what I quoted below.

The transition of the website, the registries and any trademarked terms to a new operator will depend a bit on who actually owns the IPR and whether this has been transferred to the PTI.  So I think that there still needs to be some discussion on these arrangements between the communities, although I suppose that there is no real need to have every piece of IP covered in the same way.

Thanks for spotting it!

Martin