[Internal-cg] ICG Call: NTIA Role

Martin Boyle Martin.Boyle at nominet.org.uk
Thu Apr 23 20:46:29 UTC 2015

Dear Kavouss,

I think all the information is in the document I referenced earlier in the definitions of roles – I think reference here would be better than me trying to paraphrase some fairly careful wording.

For the remnant role of NTIA – I am not sure I know what you are getting at.  My understanding was that NTIA is looking to transfer all its stewardship role, so that would mean none, wouldn’t it?  Or am I missing something?

I guess you might be referring to NTIA’s separate contract with VeriSign for the root-zone maintainer function.  This is specifically excluded in the NTIA’s March 2014 announcement, which notes that this would be subject to a separate process.

But if I’m missing your concern, please have another go at me.

Martin