[Internal-cg] Statement regarding transition

Martin Boyle Martin.Boyle at nominet.uk
Thu Sep 29 21:24:43 UTC 2016

I'm ok with the statement, but I'm not really sure who it's aimed at.  It reads as a bunch of folk clapping at the end of a story.  That might be what was intended--simply to mark our approval--which is fine by me.

If we are submitting it as an indication of support that might be quoted, a more clear explanation of why we welcome the transition would be useful.  (Incidentally, and I assume this is simply a language divide, applauding in UK English would be a slightly unusual reaction!  I might applaud a person or a team, but would welcome the successful result.)  So saying something about why multi-stakeholder stewardship is good for the IANA (depoliticising the function, building on what has made the Internet so successful, making this part of the Internet infrastructure globally accountable:  something like that)

Martin Boyle
Senior Policy Advisor

Sent from my iPhone

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D0FCF7.DEE0F1F0]

nominet.uk<http://nominet.uk/>    DD: +44 (0)1865 332251<tel:+44%20(0)1865%20332251>
Minerva House, Edmund Halley Road, Oxford, OX4 4DQ, United Kingdom