[Internal-cg] Congressional hearing

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Sat Mar 12 07:06:41 UTC 2016

It’s good that they are moving so fast.
--MM

From: Internal-cg [mailto:internal-cg-bounces at ianacg.org] On Behalf Of Alissa Cooper
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2016 1:56 AM
To: IANA etc etcCoordination Group <internal-cg at ianacg.org>
Subject: [Internal-cg] Congressional hearing

As folks may know, there will be a hearing about the IANA stewardship transition in the US House Energy and Commerce Committee on Thursday, March 17 <https://energycommerce.house.gov/hearings-and-votes/hearings/privatizing-internet-assigned-number-authority>. I will be testifying as ICG chair. Unfortunately I could not deliberate about this with our whole group beforehand because the invitation was not public information, but I chatted with some of you about it and all involved seemed to believe this would be a good thing to do. During the hearing I will stick to the content of our proposal and communications messages as best I can. I will share my written testimony once it’s completed.

Best,
Alissa