[Internal-cg] Proposal approval and agenda for call #26

Subrenat, Jean-Jacques jjs at dyalog.net
Tue Mar 1 09:09:19 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues,

because no f2f meeting was officially planned for ICG in the margins of ICANN-55, I have not received travel and accommodation support, and therefore will not be with you in Marrakech. I trust remote participation will be available for ICG meetings of any importance.

In the meantime,

- Political context: I agree with Jari and others that achieving closure at the end of ICANN-55 is an important -but also a realistic- objective for ICG. Because of the uncertainties of the Spoils System, new teams would require more time, with a political agenda in which "transition" might be viewed negatively.

- Transmission of ICG Proposal: I agree with colleagues who want to make sure that the necessary confirmations have been notified in writing, before we act. Like Wolf-Ulrich, Manal and others, I think the Open Forum on Thursday 10th would be a good place for ICG to tick the last boxes. If all the criteria are met, then ICG should transmit its Proposal to the Administrator of the NTIA via the Chair of the ICANN Board, on 10 or 11 March.

Best regards,
Jean-Jacques.