[Internal-cg] Public comment matrix

Subrenat, Jean-Jacques jjs at dyalog.net
Wed Sep 16 14:56:38 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues & Secretariat,

Comment 50, in Chinese, has entailed much more work than I thought (I did not receive any translation, so had to take care of that myself). It is also very long, covering all 12 Questions, so I am sending my analysis and suggested response as an attachment to this email (enclosed).

If I decided to treat Comment 50 as a separate exercise, it's because this is one of the first times that I have seen from China (where civil society or professional associations are careful in expressing opinions), an unambiguous, public and written support for the Multi-stakeholder model of Internet governance. It makes clear that CONAC approves of the NTIA's criterion that oversight shall not be exercised by a State, group of States, or treaty organization. It also lauds the way the IANA functions are currently performed, and CONAC's expectation that future service will follow the same standards.

More later.

Best regards,
Jean-Jacques.