[Internal-cg] Dealing with CCWG Outcomes and other Distractions

Daniel Karrenberg daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net
Thu Sep 10 08:52:48 UTC 2015

Thank you again Keith for the nice briefing on the CCWG developments.

I am sure we can all imagine all sorts of outcomes for the whole IANA
transition at this point. I can certainly imagine some pretty depressing
ones. As ICG member however I will argue the following:

As ICG we have to stick to our charter and plan. First and foremost we
have to produce our document as planned. When we have done that we are
done until one OC tells us that they no longer support it and want it
changed. It is at that point only that we should make a new plan and
adapt to the situation in a constructive and flexible way. In the
meantime let us just do our work as planned.

Of course this does not prevent any of us as individuals to help the CWG
and CCWG processes along and to make sure that the necessary
communication happens, especially between the three OCs that contributed
to our proposal.

Daniel