[Internal-cg] Implementation plan, steering group etc

Lynn St.Amour Lynn at LStAmour.org
Wed Oct 21 10:54:17 UTC 2015

On Oct 21, 2015, at 6:26 AM, Paul Wilson <pwilson at apnic.net> wrote:

> That’s one of the lightweight functions - progress reporting.  But also as I mentioned, the need to assist IANA with its management of a long list of implementation steps that they will otherwise need to manage alone.  This is where cross-community coordination may be needed, though again it is a lightweight function.  To be frank, a simple mailing list might do it, but I have assumed that a little (not much) more formality may be called for.
>
> Paul.

Paul,

speaking personally only - IANA should be the group responsible for this.  Managing transitions is a fairly standard part of any operation, and IANA can call together whomever they need to help with priorities, etc.   If it needs to be escalated, they can escalate it to their management or to the OCs.   It would actually be a good dry run for future operations.

Lynn