[Internal-cg] ICANN Board Concerns about CCWG Proposed Model -- My Assessment

Mueller, Milton L milton.mueller at pubpolicy.gatech.edu
Sat Oct 10 14:05:35 UTC 2015

There are two obviously false premises here.

1. In a governance context, incrementalism creates as many, if not more problems than trying to fix the problem systematically. Reforms can be short-circuited or suspended; halfway houses can create contradictions.

2. It's absurd to give the entity that needs reform veto power over its own reform. This is like saying that racist state governments had to agree before blacks were afforded civil rights.

> but all this is out of scope for our, the icg, work.
> let's concentrate on getting our part right!
> once we have done that some of us may chose to join the fray in the other
> room(s).

Sure, now that you and I are done opining, no one else should weigh in. ;-)