[Internal-cg] Updated transition proposal

Alissa Cooper alissa at cooperw.in
Fri Oct 9 22:38:22 UTC 2015

Based on the responses to the questions we posed to the OCs and our discussion on the call yesterday, I’ve made the associated changes to the proposal text, part 0 and part 1. I also did a bit of an editing pass, incorporated the edits from Paul (with slight tweaks for consistency in some cases), incorporated a pared-down version of the implementation list from Lynn, and tried to have the executive summary reflect the updates. I’ve also highlighted in yellow all the places where we talk about the CCWG dependency. Once we finalize the rest of the text those will be the only bits we may need to edit in the future once the CCWG work wraps up.

There is one outstanding substantive issue relating to the RZM text in paras 85-88. For now I incorporated into Milton’s text the text I had suggested on the list, but we need to make sure that is what we want to say or say something else (or wait and follow up with some other entity), and we need to figure out a resolution to the issue about the separation of the IFO and RZM roles.

I did not put in anything about “how the OCs collaborate” as Lynn said work was ongoing on that.

Please have a look at this version and send feedback to the list if you have any.

Thanks,
Alissa

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2nbnucfpo257kj/IANA-transition-proposal-v3.docx?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2nbnucfpo257kj/IANA-transition-proposal-v3.docx?dl=0>