[Internal-cg] Implementation Action Item Inventory

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Wed Oct 7 18:07:35 UTC 2015

On Mon, 05 Oct 2015, Alissa Cooper wrote:
> I’ve attached a redlined version with some comments
> (Dropbox: <https://www.dropbox.com/s/6j6guvdcoyuhmic/ICG%20-%20P
> art%200%20-%20Implementation%20Items-ALC.docx?dl=0>). Some
> questions/comments I had:
 [...]

> * On the PTI items, at least from the IETF point of view, I
> don’t think the IETF community or the IAB has any plans to be
> involved in the aspects that you list. That is, the IETF’s
> position is that if ICANN chooses to subcontract the protocol
> parameters functions to its affiliate it is free to do so as
> long as it continues to meet its obligations under the MoU and
> SLAs. Assuming the numbers community has a similar position
> (Alan? Paul? or I could dig back through their comments), I
> think the PTI items belong in category 2.

The draft SLA/contract between the RIRs and ICANN
proposes to allow ICANN to subcontract, but only with
permission, and the permission will not unreasonably be
witheld.  So, somewhere in the process, the RIRs will
have to give ICANN permission to subcontract to PTI.  See
<https://www.nro.net/wp-content/uploads/Numbers-SLA-2.0.pdf>
section 15.11.

--apb (Alan Barrett)