[Internal-cg] how collaboration works today between the OCs

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Sat Oct 3 07:04:36 UTC 2015

On 3 Oct 2015, at 1:42, Alissa Cooper wrote:

> Perhaps what we need in Part 0 is to summarize those facts at a high level and augment it with a brief description or examples of how the collaboration works (e.g., RIR participants also participate in IETF working groups; IETF participants also participate in TLD-related activities at ICANN; the IETF appoints people to the ICANN TLG and a liaison to the ICANN Board; ICANN staff and participants also participate in IETF working groups; the IANA staff is in daily contact with the IESG; etc.).

We should if we go down this path "just" state for example:

There is a multitude of collaboration mechanisms taking place. The simplest is that individual participants in the various OCs do participate in activities other OCs have. For example, there are active IETF participants participating in processes the RIRs host. And many ICANN participants and Staff are active in the IETF. There are also formal appointment of liaisons from for example IETF to ICANN Board. ICANN alos host TLG to which not only the OCs but also other groups have appointed participants. It is also the case that some PDPs (like the one in IETF) explicitly include cooperation with the IANA Function at ICANN to ensure that whatever the PDP is producing is possible to be implementable.

   Patrik