[Internal-cg] [Ianaplan] Update on IANA Transition & Negotiations with ICANN

Narelle Clark narelle.clark at accan.org.au
Fri May 1 06:09:08 UTC 2015

I have included Andrew's message below... noting:
" Understanding this consensus, the IETF leadership have been
negotiating with ICANN to include text to satisfy these points in our
annual Service Level Agreement.  After some iterations, we arrived at
text that we think captures the IETF consensus, but ICANN has informed
us that they are unable to agree to that text right now.  ICANN told
us that, in their opinion, agreeing to that text now would possibly
put them in breach of their existing agreement with the NTIA."