[Internal-cg] Sessions during ICANN53

Manal Ismail manal at tra.gov.eg
Thu Mar 26 07:16:21 UTC 2015

Many thanks Patrik and colleagues ..

I see the different points of view but I feel obliged to speak for the meeting as I believe it was my idea :) !!
Here is what I shared earlier in response to an email from Alissa regarding the agenda of our call on Feb 25th ..

"(5) Next Face-to-Face Meeting in Buenos Aires
[MI]: If time allows, I suggest adding this as an agenda item to agree whether the meeting will be before or after the ICANN week .. I recall this was discussed in Singapore but not concluded .. If no further discussion is needed maybe a Doodle poll will serve the purpose .. and if time doesn't allow we can definitely discuss online .. The reason I brought this up is that the hotels are already announced and it will be good to know early on the dates of any additional days ..

As I will not be on the call, I'll share my opinion here .. If I recall correctly, we've met 'after' in Istanbul (and LA?) and 'before' in Singapore .. I think meeting before was useful in aligning views, making sure everyone is on the same page, agreeing on messages that need to be conveyed, etc . .. Having said that, and if ICG members' flights allow, a couple of hours to wrap up, at the end, after the public forum, may also be useful .."

Hope you find this useful ..

Kind Regards
--Manal