[Internal-cg] "Alternatives"

Joseph Alhadeff joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com
Sun Jun 28 09:52:03 UTC 2015

Sorry to have been absent from this thread.  As noted in our RfP our concern with the community process was to assure that it was transparent/accessible, inclusive and fair - specifically that they took comments into account seriously in their proposal development.  If that process included consideration of alternatives that they feel were important aspects of the process that should be part of the record, but I think at best it should be one of many factors they provide and they need to determine what is material for them to provide to demonstrate the essential elements of their process.  I think Manal's formulation is on the right track.

If NTIA wants a catalog of alternatives considered then they should make a formal request for that not just leave it interpretations of speeches.  Furthermore we would have no basis to evaluate alternatives within our mandate.  If a proposal fails to meet NTIA or other RFP criteria, it is our role to identify the failure and remit to the community.

Apologies if this misses some nuance of the conversation as it seems to have occurred both on and off line...

Joe

Sent from my iPad