[Internal-cg] Preface for the combined proposal

Jari Arkko jari.arkko at piuha.net
Wed Jun 10 12:35:36 UTC 2015

Martin, all,

> As others, I agree that we need to focus on the proposal and provide a short outline of the different elements, specifically in how they address the key NTIA roles.  In particular, though, we should identify where the different proposals adopt different approaches and how the bits fit together in spite of the different approaches.  That surely is our main role, ensuring coherence of the whole, so any reader who has been following the story will be interested in this part.

Yes. Although I think perhaps the focus should be on us explaining why the proposal is complete and consistent. I.e., not only focusing on the differences/consistency question. But it certainly needs to be covered.

> I'm not sure I really see the need for the detail about what IANA is, but wouldn't oppose.  I'd see that that was more the introductory section of the text.
>
> I agree with Milton that the development of the proposal is less important - for me I'd see it as annex material.

I think all of these items are important. Just like the actual proposals, we too need to provide a small explanation of the process regarding the whole.

> Some sort of assessment against NTIA's criteria is needed.

Yes.

> We should also include some identification of timescales.
>
> So the outline would look something like:
>
> - High-level summary of the proposal
> - Key elements of the role of NTIA and how the different proposals deal with those tasks.  This would include:
>  - Where the proposals adopt different approaches
>  - How those different approaches work together.

And how the whole proposal is complete

> - Our assessment of how/why the proposal meets the NTIA criteria
> - Timescales
>
> I'd be happy to join in drafting

Likewise (but with limited cycles).

Jari