[Internal-cg] Action 7 of today's call

michael niebel fmniebel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 11:48:31 UTC 2015

---Point 2.3 of the matrix deals with P3.III. of the Response from Protocol
Parameters Registries Community, (Number 3062) and notably "Transition to
Success Contractor" C.7.3 and "Continuity of Services" I. 61 of the current
IANA functions contract.

I find the present formulation of the question not easy to understand and
therefore have tried to inject some clarifying elements . Please find below
my proposal.

2.3
"Is it the preference of the IETF community to replace by a simple
acknowledgement the obligations of ICANN established under C7-3 and I.61 of
the current IANA functions contract to achieve a smooth transition to
subsequent operators, should the need arise? Given that these obligations
are not part of the MoU, is such a light declaration legally sufficient to
satisfy the need for stability and continuity ?"

----Point 2.5 seems to me already  covered by point 2.3 ., as formulated
above. I would see no added value in it and propose to delete it.

Michael