[Internal-cg] combined proposal assessment

WUKnoben wolf-ulrich.knoben at t-online.de
Tue Jul 14 14:52:11 UTC 2015

That's correct!

Wolf-Ulrich

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
From: Milton L Mueller
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 10:42 PM
To: WUKnoben ; internal-cg at ianacg.org
Subject: Re: [Internal-cg] combined proposal assessment

Well, for the short term all 3 OCs have agreed to use the status quo IANA
for their part of the functions. It's just that the status quo IANA is
becoming PTI. So if you contract with ICANN, yes, you are required to
contract with either PTI or to contract with ICANN which will subcontract or
assign the contract to PTI.

But in the future, all OCs do have, and should have, "a real alternative" in
the sense that they can switch providers according to the procedures set out
in their proposals. So when you say there is "no real alternative" I assume
you just mean in the initial setup period of the transition.