[Internal-cg] ICG report in the combined proposal

Alissa Cooper alissa at cooperw.in
Sun Jul 12 05:45:13 UTC 2015

All,

Attached (and in Dropbox [1]) you will see my attempt to reflect our F2F discussion about the combined proposal executive summary/introduction. The document now has a slot for an executive summary (which still needs to be written) and the ICG report about the proposal. In the ICG report, I filled in as much as I could regarding the ICG assessment, including the NTIA criteria. Virtually all of the text I added is taken directly from existing documents, including our individual assessment sheets and the proposals themselves, with minor style modifications. So while at first blush this may look like a lot of new text, it is not. It’s an amalgam of a lot of text we or others have written and agreed to previously.

I included edits suggested during our F2F as well as items we discussed on the call last week concerning incompleteness of the names proposal, the root zone maintainer, etc.

There are placeholders highlighted in the text for items that still need to be filled in. I’ve asked Joe to provide a draft executive summary by the end of this week. For the other placeholders, I’m hoping that Manal can shepherd the process of getting those filled in. Some of them can’t be completed until we have completed our proposal assessment. The ones in Section IV.D.6, V, and VI could be completed now; I simply ran out of time to finish them and wanted to get this out to all of you sooner rather than later.

I know we have a subgroup of folks focused on the proposal assessment leading up to our July 15 call but I wanted to share this now so that the rest of the group can review it and provide feedback. We will not have a lot of time to finalize this text before our July 29 call so please take a look as soon as you can and send comments to the list if you have them. My schedule is also very busy over the next two weeks because of the IETF meeting July 19-24.

The secretariat is working on integrating the names proposal into this combined document so do not be alarmed that Part 1 is still empty. It will be filled in soon.

Thanks,
Alissa

[1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/ws9njvw4kqcp6st/combined-proposal-v2-MI-ALC.docx?dl=0