[Internal-cg] Thoughts on proposal assessments

Russ Mundy mundy at tislabs.com
Fri Jul 10 22:50:01 UTC 2015

On Jul 9, 2015, at 7:10 PM, Patrik Fältström <paf at frobbit.se> wrote:

> On 9 Jul 2015, at 21:01, Alissa Cooper wrote:
>
>>> This is mistaken because the CCWG's work (workstream 1) will be formally incorporated into the CWG proposal.
>>> NTIA has made it clear that they are basically part of the same proposal, and we are responsible for sending them to NTIA.
>>
>> I do not believe that is the plan actually. I thought they will remain two separate documents and while they will both be transmitted to NTIA via the ICANN Board, they will not be incorporated into a single document or even necessarily transmitted at the same time or in the same communication between the Board and NTIA.
>
> Speaking personally, I have always expected the possibility of references between the two documents, but never that one was incorporated into the other. ICG and CCWG [work stream 1] are parallell processes. Not one being the parent of the other.
>
> Two documents that are submitted to NTIA.
>
> Nothing more, nothing less.

I share Patrik’s perception of how the results of each process (ICG & CCWG [WS1]) will be processed.  I think the complex/tricky part we’re having to deal with is the information content of the CCWG [WS1] _might_ impact the information content of some part of the ICG consolidated proposal.  I'm not aware of any reason why the two reports would be combined - even if they do happen to be delivered at the same time to NTIA by the ICANN Board.

RussM