[Internal-cg] Thoughts on proposal assessments

Alissa Cooper alissa at cooperw.in
Tue Jul 7 22:35:53 UTC 2015

Thank you to everyone who did a names proposal assessment. I wrote down a few thoughts in preparation for our discussion on July 8.

Both Alan and the names folks (Wolf-Ulrich, Mary, Keith, and Martin) point out that there are areas where more detail will be developed as part of implementation (service levels, IANA budget, PTI budget, etc.). It would be helpful for us to have the definitive list of these for our reference. Is that list somewhere in the proposal (or supporting material)?

Alan, Russ Housley and Russ Mundy point out that the proposal cannot be considered complete since it is dependent on outputs from the CCWG. My question: does that prevent us in the ICG from moving forward with public comment and proposal finalization while we await the output of the CCWG? My personal view is that it does not but I wanted to check.

Russ Mundy raises a good question about the Root Zone Maintainer’s relationship to the IFO and I look forward to our discussion of that. I note that the SSAC made a similar comment to the CWG in its approval of the proposal. Again I don’t think this is necessarily blocking on our work, but it might be a detail where we need to seek clarification.

Alissa