[Internal-cg] Assessment of input from Richard Hill

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Tue Jul 7 19:26:37 UTC 2015

Alissa,

You as always express things better than I do :-)

The key issue for ICG is the following, I think:

> Thus, in my view, that Final Proposal does not represent the consensus of
> the global multi-stakeholder community.
>
> Having carefully reviewed the Final Proposal, I formally object to it for
> the reasons detailed in the attached PDF file.
>
> Consequently, I request that the ICG return to proposal to the
> CWG-Stewardship.

I.e. there is a specific request here from Richard. I was definitely not after an infinite loop, but rather a confirmation from CWG that regarding these two issues they have indeed followed the processes they have explained in the document. Specifically as Richard writes "But it fails to state that the Final Proposal was not submitted for public
comment".

It is though possibly much better to, as you suggest, just point at the comment and ask for comments from the CWG.

   Patrik