[Internal-cg] Questions from webinars

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Sat Aug 22 12:51:30 UTC 2015

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015, Kavouss Arasteh wrote:
>Dear aLAN,
>You stated that Quote
>

>*" Q: How will performance be evaluated? A: The three Operating Communities
>(OCs) are responsible for evaluating the performance of their parts of the
>IANA functions, and for making whatever decisions are required to ensure
>their community's needs and expectations are met, including
>choosing/changing the IANA functions operator for their part of the IANA
>functions. --apb (Alan Barrett"*
>Unquote
>
>Pls clearly indicate from  which part of the proposal from CWG or ICG such
>the phrase "   *including choosing/changing the IANA functions operator for
>their part of the IANA functions." *

There's a large section of the CWG proposal that discusses what
they call "separation" (which actually means choosing a different
operator for the IANA naming functions), and there's a complex
IANA Functions review (IFR) process that may result in the choice
of a different operator for the IANA naming functions.

>*This is not true *
>*Changing / choosing the IANA FUNCTION OPERATOR IS TO BE DONE THROUGH A
>SPECIFIC PROCEDURE AS CONTAINED IN cwgFINAL PROPOSAL*

Yes, there's a specific procedure for the names community to
choose a different operator for the names part of the IANA
functions.  I am not sure what part of my statement you disagree
with.

>*I THREFORE DISAGREE WITH THIS PèORTION.*
>*IMAINTAIN MY INITIAL POSITIONS AS AMENDED IN MY LAST MESSAGE TO lynn*

It's quite possible that my wording is confusing, and I welcome
suggestions for improvements.

--apb (Alan Barrett)