[Internal-cg] Questions from webinars

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Fri Aug 21 15:41:31 UTC 2015

On 21 Aug 2015, at 17:33, Mueller, Milton L wrote:

> I have not seen any convincing evidence that putting them in different operators would necessarily threaten 'the stability and security of the internet.'

We all know that for example:

- Other protocol parameters than the ones asked for by IETF is managed by IANA

- Not all protocol parameters IETF ask for is IANA Function at ICANN asked to take care of

So there is a split in multiple ways already today, within the Protocol Parameter OC(*).

And the earth is still spinning around the sun.

   Patrik

P.S. This is the reason why SSAC wrote one document on what IANA is and is doing and a separate document on the NTIA Contract with IANA. Two different things that do not match 1:1, and on top of that we have splits like the one described above.