[Internal-cg] Inviting the CWG Chair

Daniel Karrenberg daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net
Wed Apr 22 14:24:45 UTC 2015

Regarding Kavouss's recommendation to invite the CWG chair to brief us:

I urge us to consider the precedent and the pressure that this may
create to issue similar invitations to others.  Such invitations may
very well complicate our task and the time it takes. Remember that we
decided not to give the floor to the CRISP chair (Izumi) during our
previous f2f meeting. Inviting the CWG chair now would not be consistent.

We have more than two dozen people drawn from the various communities on
the ICG itself. We should be able to get all the information we need
from within the group without holding 'public hearings'. In case we need
more than that, we can always agree to ask specific questions to the CWG
as we have done before with the other operational communities.

We should not invite the CWG chair at this time. Let's not create more
of a zoo than necessary.

Daniel