[Internal-cg] illustrative diagram

Jari Arkko jari.arkko at piuha.net
Sun Apr 19 23:32:29 UTC 2015

I have prepared a short presentation that describes the existing structures in the IETF system related to handling IANA topics, as well as discusses the changes (or lack thereof) with the transition.

The presentation is available at http://www.ietf.org/iana-transition/ietf-iana-graphical.pdf

I hope you find this useful. Feedback would be appreciated.

The presentation is for informational purposes, i.e., it should not be taken as overriding anything that has been said in various RFCs about the IETF structure or handling of IANA matters, or what has been said in the IETF submission to the ICG. For instance, the presentation provides a short overview of IETF nominations committee procedures and explains why they are relevant in this case, but the actual rules about those procedures are of course in the various RFCs.

Thanks,

Jari Arkko