[Internal-cg] Release of first draft ICANN-RIR SLA (per CRISP proposal)

Kavouss Arasteh kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
Fri May 1 19:33:58 UTC 2015

Dear Paul,
Once again thank you very much sharing this document with us even though it
is available on website and any one including ICG members as individual
have had access to this document
I raed the covering note and I quote relevant part of that as follows:

*" Call for Comments for a Draft SLA for the IANA Numbering Services*

*NRO – PUBLIC CONSULTATION*

*CALL FOR COMMENTS FOR A DRAFT SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT (SLA) FOR THE IANA
NUMBERING SERVICES.*

*.A first draft of the SLA has been produced and available at *
*http://www.nro.net/sla* <http://www.nro.net/sla>*. The content of this
draft is NOT the result of negotiations with ICANN or any other parties,
and it has not yet been reviewed by the CRISP team."*

Unquote

My Questiobn is that

Why a  DARFT which is * NOT the result of negotiations with ICANN or any
other parties, and it has not yet been reviewed by the CRISP team. has been
sent to ICG unless it is FOR INFORMATION ONLY*

In another paragraph it is said

*"All interested parties are now encouraged to review and comment on this
first-draft proposal; including members of the RIRs, ICANN, and their
communities;   members of the CRISP Team and the ICG; and any other
organisations and individuals" *

*Unquote .*

*Why ICG is included among other entities to review and comment on a draft
which *is * NOT the result of negotiations with ICANN or any other parties,
and it has not yet been reviewed by the CRISP team. unless it is FOR
INFORMATION ONLY*

it has also been indicated that

*" It is written in such a way so that it can be signed as part of the
implementation of the IANA transition when this occurs or before, without
pre-judging the outcome of the ICG coordinated proposal"*

*Unquote*

*" The draft SLA has been developed by a team of legal experts from
different RIRs. It responds to the principles included in the **Internet
number community proposal* <https://www.nro.net/crisp-final-proposal>* and
is based on the already existing provisions of the NTIA IANA agreement. It
is written in such a way so that it can be signed as part of the
implementation of the IANA transition when this occurs or before, without
pre-judging the outcome of the ICG coordinated proposal." *

Unqoute

I am sorry  to say that such document with its existing status can not be
considered as*a *way so that it can be signed as part of the implementation
of the IANA transition when this occurs or before, due to the fact that ICG
has even not yet completed its evaluatiobn of your ( CRISP ) nor the
intitial proposal of Parameters & Protocol  Community and has not yet
received any thing from Naaming  Community thus it would be inappropriate
to look at that informal output which has just been put for public comments

As far as ICG is concerned , we unfortunately as a collegial body are not
in a position to take any action, what so ever, on a darft which even has
not been coordinated within CRISP nor neotiated with ICANN . Moreover ,the
text in the covering part indicated that *.*

*"The draft includes legally important provisions, such as those that
regulate the five RIRs acting together and being responsible collectively
before ICANN. It includes background and definitions.*

*This draft SLA also includes explanatory footnotes that reference the
source of each article according to the Internet number community proposal
principles or the NTIA IANA agreement." *

Unquote

I am not sure whether at the later stage, ICG could be involved in
procedure  governing internal coordination between five RIRs so as to go
down to the path of internal arrangements between RIRs e

In conclusion , as I did indicate before thank you again for sharing this
non coordinated darft with ICG individula members FOR INFORMATION PRURPOSES

REGARDS

Kavouss