[Internal-cg] Communications plan for public comment launch

Alissa Cooper alissa at cooperw.in
Tue Jul 7 22:45:34 UTC 2015

The Comms WG has been working up a plan for communications surrounding the public comment launch. It is based off of our teleconference schedule for this month:

July 15 conference call: Assessment of combined proposal
July 29 conference call: Finalization of materials for public comment launch

Assuming we will need a day or two after the last call to get everything ready for the public comment launch, we can assume the launch with occur around July 31. I’ve included dates below based around that assumption.

== Communications plan for public comment launch ==

Webinars
- ICG will plan three webinars covering different time zones during the week of August 3.
- ICG Comms WG is working with Xplane to develop slide deck for use in the webinars (and elsewhere)
	- Leveraging existing visuals created for proposal components
	- Working with OC reps to ensure accuracy
	- Goal is to have initial draft decks available for full ICG review around July 20.
- Once deck is complete ICG Comms WG may identify key slides to get translated by ICANN languages team.

Spokespeople
- ICG will designate 1-2 spokespeople in each region who are willing to respond to media inquiries regarding the proposal and call for public comment.
- Goal should be to have people designated by July 31.

Talking points
- ICG will update its FAQ and include potential questions and answers that may arise as a result of the launch of the public comment period.
- Goal should be to have initial draft updates available around July 24 and finalized by July 31.
- Manal has the token for this (right?)

Press release
- ICG and ICANN will work together on a press release to be issued coincident with the launch of the public comment period.

Short videos
- Time permitting, ICG will identify individuals willing to record short videos in multiple languages about the proposal and public comment period.
- Goal should be to get videos recorded and posted during the week of August 3.