[Icg-forum] How are you defining consensus?

Richard Hill rhill at hill-a.ch
Tue Oct 6 08:31:19 UTC 2015

I was surprised to learn that ICG seems to be of the view that there is
consensus to support the current ICG proposal for the IANA transition, see:

http://mm.ianacg.org/pipermail/internal-cg_ianacg.org/2015-September/001711.
html

As summaries of the comments make clear, there was majority support, but
very significant objections and reservations, see:

http://mm.ianacg.org/pipermail/internal-cg_ianacg.org/attachments/20150919/e
97d877c/attachment.pdf

I'm not aware of any definition of "consensus" that equates it with majority
approval.

Can you please explain what definition of consensus you are using?

Thanks and best,
Richard